![]() |
| 6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord Click here to buy now with PayPal. $80. + s/h. |
I found myself chasing daylight to get a photo again today since I got a late start in the studio. I admire so many artists who are able to simplify and capture the essence of a subject with minimal brush strokes... It's not as easy as it looks! My natural tendency is to fuss way too much with details. With limited time today I didn't have the luxury of fussing, so I used a large brush and got it done. I'm happy enough with the effort that I want to explore some more in this direction.

Love the composition and brushwork,the petals have great movement!
ReplyDeleteKathleen, having similar issues with details, I admire the success you had with this painting. I love your brushwork and the movement between the rose and the background. The composition is lovely too. Great work!
ReplyDeleteAnnette Weiner
annetteweinerart.blogspot.com
Beautiful, pure and soft, really lovely !
ReplyDeleteThank you all very much for the kind words and taking the time to comment.:)
ReplyDeleteI know from experience that it's hard to get loose without loosing it, Kathleen. Love this piece! Less is more!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandy! I've been pressed for time lately so this is a perfect time for me to give this looser (and quicker) direction a try. I have a hard time stopping and want to keep working at it to "fix" things.
DeleteKathleen, this is beautiful. It's so difficult to paint flowers and glass- at least for me! Love the looseness.
ReplyDeleteThank you Taryn!
Delete