September 27, 2012

"Marble Duo"

2.5" x 3.5" Oil on Linen Finish Card
Click here to buy now with PayPal.  $40 with free shipping in US.


I have to stop torturing myself with marbles so this will be it for a while!  I thought I was already finished with them but, I had this tiny unfinished painting hanging around that I started a week or two ago.  I had sort of abandoned it but instead of letting my efforts go to waste I decided to finish it today.

It's an ACEO size.  I keep seeing these little guys around and have read about the movement.  I purchased these blanks a long time ago but never painted on them before.  I see some of the daily painters doing them occasionally so I thought I would give it a try.  I don't intend to do many of them but maybe every now and then I'll throw one into the mix just for the heck of it.  Anyone doing these?

7 comments:

  1. Lovely subject, love both colors and transparence .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathleen:) I'll remember your words "this will be it for a while" haha. Somehow I think they will coming back:) But why not? They are beautiful. And you are doing such a great job painting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you decided on finishing this painting Kathleen, now you have a duo to be proud of! It is a delight to watch your marbles with the light playing on their glassy surface.The painting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the swirls of colour and the reflections are fantastic too! I hav'nt tried painting this size yet,its definitely on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen, I would never be able to paint a marble like that, amazing. I love the way the light peeps through to the shadows.

    ReplyDelete