November 28, 2012

"Fire and Ice"

6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord
Click here to Buy Now with Pay Pal.  $50 + s/h


It's a clear plastic Christmas tree ornament.  But with it hanging in front of a shiny red background with the light shining just so, it turned into a prism with all kinds of dancing light and color.  Whew!  I really didn't know how to tackle this at first but, bit by bit it emerged.

My last post "Gingham and Garlic" got a lot of much-appreciated attention.  Working in a home studio is a pretty solitary activity and I am so grateful for the cyber community of friends who help support each other.

I want to say a big "Thank You" to all of you who frequent
 my blog and to those of you who take the time to leave comments.   


4 comments:

  1. WOW!! You've captured the light and colours beautifully!!This is a great seasonal painting!!
    Its always a pleasure to look at your paintings and a privilege to leave a comment.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Kathleen:) It's always a great pleasure to look at your beautiful paintings! (Oh, I see Azra also said that...I think Azra and I share the same interests) This one is beautiful too! Would make a beautiful christmas card???? Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen, what a lovely shine through the transparent prism, the total effect is glowing, just apt for the festive season! Only recently I started following your lovely work and it is a most enjoyable visit here always!

    ReplyDelete