January 23, 2013

"Tequila Rose"

6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord
SOLD



A friend of mine showed up on my doorstep with these two bottles a while back thinking I might want to paint them.  She was right!  She spotted them in a recycle bin and dove in to fish them out for me.  I knew it was time when I saw the Daily Paintworks Glass Challenge show up.

These are Patron Silver Tequila bottles which are hand blown in Mexico.  Not a whiff left of the former contents but here's what I found to describe this premium tequila:

Brilliant crystal clear in appearance; pronounced aromas of citrus rind, melon and cucumber with notes of herb and smoke; initial palate is rich, sweet and ultra-smooth, with flavours of lime/citrus, spice with peppery and light briny notes on the long complex finish. 



16 comments:

  1. What a great painting! And you even doubled up on the challenge and painted two bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Kathleen! And I love that your sweet friend brought the bottles to you. Some paintings are just meant to be, and this is one of them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these bottle and know you did a fabulous job of capturing it perfectly. Love the angle of the one on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The transparency of the glass is beautiful against the serene background color, well done Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! WHat can I say Kathleen,this one stands out on its own!! Amazing composition,the glass is simply stunning and the rose bud adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all very much! I appreciate all the kind comments.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I really like how you painted the glass, lovely nuances in color and values.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kathleen:) So beautiful painted! The rose look lovely in that bottle. A beautiful choise:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful depiction of the transparency of glass! I also love the composition -- the tipped bottle leading viewer's eyes back to the standing one with flowers, a beautiful "L" shape for the overall composition. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the interesting shape of the bottles...you captured them beautifully !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice painting. The glass is always challenging and you did well! It seems that last part describes the painting as well as tequila itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathleen:) I wanted to say hello. It's a long time since you have been in blogland. How are you doing? I hope everything goes well! I miss your beautiful paintings! Love:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renate! So kind of you to check on me! I'm fine and promise to return one of these days.:) I've had some distractions and other projects that I am determined to finish before I start regularly painting again. All good stuff! Travel, work, family, home renovation, etc. I'll be back!:)

      Delete
  13. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete