June 11, 2012

"Mickey on a Mirror"

6" x 6" oil on gessoboaard
-SOLD-


I picked up this little Mickey Mouse toy at a garage sale recently.  I don't know why but I just thought I should take him home and paint him.  In an effort to make the composition more interesting I placed him on top of a mirror.

Still working on my oil painting skills and still liking the change from acrylics for the most part.  I have a long way to go but I'm learning a little more with each painting.  For some reason I found this one pulled me back into the picky, tight style that I've been trying to free myself from.  I think probably because he's stiff and made of plastic with hard edges it was difficult for me to loosen up on him.  Oh well, maybe next time...



3 comments:

  1. He may be tighter that your last couple, (awesome flowers btw) but he still has a nice painterly quality about him. Love the underside of his face - this is a great painting Kathleen! Very fun and well done - love it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathleen:) Love the way you did this. What a great idea to put him on a mirror. Beautiful backgroundcolor. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete