June 24, 2012

"Pear with White Stripes"

6" x 6" oil on gessoboard
- SOLD -


It doesn't take much to make me happy...  like a lumpy Bartlett and, what a bonus, this one still had a leaf clinging to it when I found it at the grocery store!  I started painting this pear sitting on top of a gray book but it looked too boring and drab so I covered the book with this tea towel and repainted the lower section... now I'm even happier!  I love painting fabric and have found that adding a common old tea towel to a set up works well for me.  I like the casual feeling it creates combined with the graphic element of the stripes.


5 comments:

  1. What a Fabulous fabric rendition. The tea towel really adds character to your lumpy pear, Kathleen. This is a perfect addition to your fruit with stripes series! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! Your Hydrangea watercolors are beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting! Great job with the tones of the pear and the tablecoth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pear and the table cloth go so well together! Beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all very much! Sometimes the stars just align and I felt like this one was special when I finished it. Your comments are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete