June 27, 2012

"Blueberries and Cream"

8" x 10" oil on canvas board
-SOLD-

I'm picking blueberries almost daily from the four blueberry bushes in my backyard.  One of my favorite fruits!  The colors are beautiful as they go from white, green, pink, purple, blue then eaten with all shades in between.

This is a little larger than my previous posted paintings and I changed to a rectangle which worked better for this composition.  I know, I've been yammering on and on about trying to loosen up my style and then I go off and do something like this!  I tried to fight it but the details won!  So, then I just surrendered and thoroughly enjoyed painting every tiny little brush stroke for every tiny little detail!   I've found I'm really loving painting fabric but this is the first time I've attempted anything lacy.  I'm pleased with the outcome.  I've raised the price on this one since it's larger and it took me two full days to paint it.  Enjoyable days, but still, two days...

P.S.  After failing to sell in the DPW auction with a starting price of $150, I've dropped the price to $100 and will try one more time.

2 comments:

  1. Very well done, Kathleen! I love the contrast in textures - from the porcelain and lace to the beautifully rendered berries. Just gorgeous! A lot of detail for only two days of work and a real bargain at only $150. for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Pricing is always a puzzle. Hope the price gets bid up at auction... if there are any bids at all!:) Never know...

      Delete