August 2, 2012

"Four Cherries and a Coke"

6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord
- SOLD -


I'm still strolling down Cherry Lane but I have now eaten every last one of them so this will be the last of the cherry paintings for a while.  I loved painting this one!  Fabric and glass... both challenging and fun.

I'm having much better luck with photographing my work after watching Carol's DPW tutorial "How to Photograph & Edit Small Paintings" .  Carol and David Marine rock!  They continue to pave the way for so many of us "daily painters" out here trying to figure it all out.

Funny story... A lady just recently starting purchasing paintings through DPW and told her sister about the site.  Her sister went online to look around and saw my "Blueberries and Cow Creamer".  She told the lady to take a look at it because it was soooo her.  But, darn, it was unfortunately already sold.  Ha!  The lady wrote back to her sister to tell her that she was the one who had bought it!  Out of the thousands of paintings on DPW, what are the chances of that happening!?!  These sisters must know each other well!

"I am the Eggplant", "Blueberries and Cow Creamer", "Homegrown", "Cherry on White" and "Tea with Lemon" have all sold since my last sales update.  My main objective with this blog is to record my painting efforts but I must say that it's very affirming to sell so many pieces.  Thank you!    





8 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised your work is in demand! These cherries are gorgeous ,in fact the whole composition is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kathleen! Congratulations on your sales. I'm not surprised. At the prices you have them, they are truly a steal!! P.S. The "traveling chicken and her entourage are now on their way to me!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments! Sandy, hope you're prepared to take charge of that adventurous little chick... I hear she can be a handful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to have some adventures with her and her crew, Kathleen!

      Delete
  4. Hello Kathleen:) This painting is a seller too! Beautiful how you did the bottle. Ans the composition is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you're right about it selling... it's always a puzzle to me to see what sells and what doesn't.:)

      Delete
  5. Before I read your post, I was quite happy to see your pieces selling, they are great and it seems you have been found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the sale, that painting was destined for that family!!

    ReplyDelete