July 29, 2012

"Cherry on White"

6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord
- SOLD -

I really enjoyed painting the cut work embroidery on this tablecloth.  I'm going to have to hit some thrift stores to try to find some more variety to add to my collection of fabrics.  I love painting fabric and I also like incorporating it in the composition.  For some reason cherries just look fancier than a lot of other fruits so this fabric seemed just right.  I may get one more painting done from the cherries before I finish eating them all. :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful detailed, Kathleen! Love your reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embroidered tablecloth...so beautifully rendered. The bright vibrant cherry looks wonderful against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Kathleen!!
    Annette Weiner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathleen:) I'm not surprised to see it's sold! What an exellent painting. The cherry looks if it's made of glass. The tablecloth looks like it's made of silk, beautiful with the shades. Very nice art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! Renate, I appreciate your compliments and yet, I often yearn to be able to make more decisive and bold brush strokes then leave them alone without so much blending.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!!! Love that battenburg lace!!!

    ReplyDelete