October 23, 2012

"Apples in Glass Bowl"

6" x 6" Oil on Ampersand Gessobord
- Sold -

I'm pretty happy with this one.  I fussed with the details a little more than I intended to but it's still more painterly than some of earlier works so I think I'm moving in the right direction.  I still see a zillion things I'd like to go back and "fix" but I have to learn to stop over working!

I've been too busy with other things in my life and I need to have a talk with myself about priorities!  Other things get in the way then I fall into the "maybe tomorrow" syndrome and, before I know it, two weeks has passed since my last post!

11 comments:

  1. This is a feast for the eyes Kathleen!! Love the colours and the glass against the apples is stunning!! I know what you mean about priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one, Kathleen! Great job. Btw, I have the same bowl with pink beads on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for the comments! Annette, I found the bowl at Goodwill and had to have it. I've seen some similar glass pieces show up in some other still life paintings.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, this is just gorgeous! I know, too, what you mean about priorities, but let's face it, being an artist is often difficult because of so many other obligations and just having a life besides painting (which is actually not what we want to do). I am not sure you need to worry about "more painterly"...your paintings are so expressive, realistic but yet have an ethereal quality that is your very own. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You worked so well on the beautiful rim of the glass bowl Kathleen, adding that extra apple on the top adds balance to the composition, the work absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen! Your work is wonderful.I am glad I visited your blog.This is a delicious looking painting.Loved the way you did the rim of the glass bowl.Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kathleen:) My husband tells me your painting is beautiful. Well then believe me; it must be beautiful! And it is. The colors are stunning and the bowl too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the kind comments! Renate, I am honored that I got a good review from your tough critic hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic painting, apples and bowl are so well done, really can't see any flaws...and the soft background is gorgeous , too, stunning work .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those richly coloured apples are amazing and the glass bowl is superb! I know what you mean about having other things to do in your life as well. Sometimes we need a 'Do Not Disturb ' sign.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutly agree with everything above, lovely rich coloured shiny apples and the contrast between all that red and the little blue beads on the bowl works really nicely.

    ReplyDelete