October 31, 2012

"Pears with Green Stripes"

6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessobord
Click here to purchase with PayPal.  $90 + s/h.


I played around with some different fabrics in the set up and was not getting anything to look right to me.  So, I pulled out this striped tea towel that I've used several times before and that worked.  It was fun and challenging to try to paint all the color nuances in these pears.

I've been wanting to loosen up my painting style but my natural tendency is rather tight and detailed.  I'm going to stop complaining about it and, for now, I'm giving in. I'm just going to paint the way that feels natural to me and see where it takes me.


Fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy Victims 

Daily Paintworks has set up a separate auction to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy.  I hope everyone will do what they can to help those suffering from this devastating storm.  In their effort to help the tsunami victims in Japan back in March 2011 Daily Paintworks raised almost $30,000.

I have donated my painting "Sweet Peaches" to the effort.  It was painted and posted on my blog back in May.  Click on the "Hurricane Sandy Fundraiser" widget on the sidebar if you would like to see all the artist's donated works.  If you are interested in bidding on "Sweet Peaches" I'll provide the link below:


6" x 6" acrylic on
 Ampersand Gessobord

Click here to
  SOLD - Thank  You!


100% of the proceeds will be donated to the
Red Cross to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims.     


7 comments:

  1. Hello Kathleen:) Your pears are outstanding! Although the towel has a different green it looks perfect to me! Nice painting and good luck with the auction:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen, the stripes and curves are playing along with your colors to make it a brilliant painting! All the best with the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Kathleen!! Love the combination of red and green and the texture of the pears!! Good luck with the DPW funraiser,I'm sure your painting will be snapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the cloth really works on this set up, totally gorgeous composition !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments! "Sweet Peaches" got a bid of $80 so I feel good about contributing to the fundraiser for Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love these pears and this cloth is amazing!

    ReplyDelete