![]() |
| 6" x 6" oil on Ampersand Gessoboard - SOLD - |
Picked this up at our local farmer's market from a grower who's family has been farming here for many generations. He probably thought I was a little nuts being so picky about which eggplant to buy. Then I explained that I planned to take it home and paint it, that confirmed it.
If you're a Beatles fan you've heard the song... "I am a Walrus" from their Magical Mystery Tour. Well, turns out they weren't saying "I am the eggplant" as I and many of us thought, the real lyric is: "I am the eggman, They are the eggmen, I am the walrus, Goo goo g'joob." I'm sticking with my "eggplant" version. Really, it still makes just as much sense, or nonsense. :) I'm not painting a walrus.

Kathleen, I am doing the very dame thing you are; are years of decorative painting, I'm trying to develop my fine art now, finally! I think you work is lovely. I just signed on to follow your journey. I, too, am a DAILYPAINTWORKS GALLERY artist.
ReplyDeleteThanks Egretta! I'm finding painting is much more pleasant to do when not perched on a ladder! Welcome to the world of daily (sorta) painters. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's glowing and it's fun! I love fun!
ReplyDelete