May 7, 2012

"Folding Ruler with Brick"


6" x 6" acrylic on canvas panel
$100. + $10. s/h in USA
email me for international rates

I found this folding ruler among a friend's collectibles and it immediately took me back to my childhood.  My dad always had one of these in his tool box and I was allowed to open and close it as long as I was very careful not to bend it out of shape.  Although Dad was usually doing some carpentry project, this particular one says "Lufkin Rugged Brick Mason's" so I thought I should include a brick in the painting.



I saw this clever idea on Ebay where someone used a folding ruler to make a shabby chic star to hang on the wall... love repurposing old things.  :)






4 comments:

  1. Very sweet graphic punch on this one, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I really appreciate your taking the time to comment. I'm a big fan of yours!

      Delete
  2. I like this a lot, it is fun, nice composition and got nice contrasts. I also like the simplicity of it. Well done

    ReplyDelete