May 4, 2012

"Shiny Bowl with Oranges"

6" x 6" acrylic on gessoboard
- SOLD -

The moment I sat this shiny bowl on top of this black and white fabric I knew I had my next painting figured out.  I love playing with light, reflections and patterns.  This one has all that, plus food!  I tried to think of some catchy title but, obviously, I didn't have much luck.  My mind kept wandering to the silly old jokes... What's black and white and...  ?

As you may know, I've only been blogging for about a month.  I had a few paintings done up ahead to allow me to post regularly without immediately stressing too much about having a piece ready to go.  Well, my stash is about used up and I'm now working on a commissioned piece which will take me out of the game for a short time.  The challenge begins!  I admire all of you daily painters out there who keep them coming day after day, month after month, year after year!  I've planned this blog for a long, long time and now that I have started, I must find a way (find the time) to maintain the momentum.

2 comments:

  1. Nice paintings and blog Kathleen...you do reflections so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee! I enjoyed the challenge this one gave me. :)

    ReplyDelete