May 19, 2012

"Sweet Peaches"

6" x 6" acrylic on gessoboard
SOLD

I donated this painting to the Hurricane Sandy
Fundraiser auction on Daily Paintworks.
 100% of the proceeds from this sale went to the
 Red Cross to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims.


Here I am still trying to keep it kind of loose.  I've never painted peaches before and found them to be a little bit of a challenge.  Because they have a soft fuzzy surface they don't reflect light as much as some objects so it's harder to get a lot of contrast with no sharp highlights visible.

I'm still working in acrylics, mostly because I have a lot of acrylic paint left from my mural-painting days and it's what I'm used to using.  I did buy some oil paint and supplies so I want to give them a whirl soon.  I've never painted much in oils and it's been years ago but, as I recall, blending is a dream with oil compared to fast-drying acrylics.

These wonderful peaches were part of this week's bounty from a food co-op I belong to.  Each week several ladies and I divide up a load of food.  We use some of it and share a lot with others in our community.  We never know what we will be getting so sometimes it makes for some creative menu planning... Or, in my case, painting opportunities!  I've been wanting to paint something in this pretty lacy bowl so this seemed like a perfect combination.


Click here to pay with PayPal or credit or debit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment